Sunday, November 16, 2008

s'moreos

Travis told me earlier last week that the Elder's Quorum would be having a Cookie Cook-Off on Saturday night. I quickly started searching my brain trying to think of the best cookie in my arsenal of baked goods. Nothing spectacular came to mind.

Later that night, as I was trying to fall asleep, my mind drifted to a beautiful place... a place of divine cookie thoughts. That is when it came to me. S'mOreos. I would make a unique and creative combination of double cake mix cookies filled with the scrumptious gooey taste of creamy marshmallow goodness... and of course dusted with graham cracker crumbs. It would be unique. It would be intriguing. It would certainly win first prize! It had to be done.

Saturday came, and Travis and I spent the afternoon baking perfectly round chocolate cookies, mixing marshmallow frosting (thanks to sewdarncute.typepad.com for the frosting recipe), and crushing graham crackers into a fine powder.

SIDE NOTE: I used regular Marshmallow Cream this time instead of the Fluff which I used last time. I HIGHLY recommend finding and using Fluff. It is just so much... more... um... fluffy. Mmmm.

We took the invention masterpiece to the party, and we ending up tying for Most Original. Yeah! S'mOreos—it'll be a household name one day! :)


8 comments:

travdean said...

It was a clever idea and well executed. They were very tasty.

gina bina said...

Um...delicious? I hope you saved me one!

Lori said...

cute name!!!

Michelle said...

Sounds super yummy! I'll have to try them!

Mary Elizabeth said...

What a great idea! Jen your always so creative.

Kellie said...

The best ideas always come when you are just drifting off to sleep. These sound really good.

bob said...

I wish I had some S'mOreos right now.

Jen said...

okay, you better have saved me a sample!
Jen