Wednesday, January 7, 2009

cookies for santa

A few days before Christmas Eve, I received a phone call from a very anxious five year old. It was Gracie. "When you come down, will you help me make cookies for Santa?" (said in the sweetest little five year old voice you've ever heard). This was one of the moments before going to St. George where I just almost overflowed with excitement to be there with everyone else. Phil and Mandi arrived the Saturday before Christmas, but Travis and I weren't able to go until Christmas Eve day. There were many moments when I almost burst with anticipation while I was waiting to drive to St. George. It seemed it would never come! (My "Christmas morning" was when we finally arrived in St. George and the whole family was finally together!) But sure enough, Christmas Eve day Gracie, Parker, Drew and I made sugar cookies for Santa. I am grateful I have such a wonderful family to share the holidays.

2 comments:

gina bina said...

What a lucky Santa! It's so nice to be with family on Christmas.

travdean said...

I am glad that we were able to go and spend time with your family. The other kids loved having you around to play with. Way to be a good aunt.