Tuesday, March 24, 2009

two down...

I am designing a photo book for each year that Travis and I have been married. So far I am done with 2004 (the year we were married) and 2005. (Yes, I still have 06, 07, 08, and now 09 to be working on, but sometimes I struggle most with just getting started—so, in my opinion, I am over the biggest hurdle already!) I sometimes forget how much I like designing when there is no client involved. Don't get me wrong, I love designing for others, but this way I can do whatever I want, even if it is not perfect design! I don't have to please anyone but me (oh, yeah, and Travis :)

Here are the covers for the first two books. 2004 is designed to look like our wedding announcements (pretty simple), and 2005 is just because that is what I felt like designing that day!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it. I scrapbook, but since I started blogging I've been wanting to print all the posts for that year somehow and in some semi classy format. Anyway, I'm babbling now, and your designs are GORGEOUS!

amy said...

love them.
see you tomorrow
for face painting!
oh,
and i love the
pictures of your new home.
beautiful!

travdean said...

I love the books too. Good thing you are taking care of them because if it was left up to me they would be pretty ugly; they would be done though :)

Emily said...

those are darling! I really need to start on mine... I've been married almost 8 years, do you think I can catch up?

trent said...

I have seen the 2004 edition and it is the coolest thing. Seriously, these books are something that will be cherished. They tell the story of your lives in such a unique way.