Sunday, August 10, 2008

anna has arrived!

I decided to title the blog Adventures with Anna, because in the last week that Anna has been here, she is quickly demanding the focus of our life...AND she is providing us with A LOT of comic relief, frustration, happiness, etc—all of which will be documented right here.

Everyone told us that having the first baby changes your life forever. They were right. On Monday, August 4th, 2008 it happened—Anna Foxley joined our family. She has been here a week and already our lives are much different than they had been. Travis was working and going to school, and I was just working. Now we are trying to figure out the roles of mom and dad.

Anna has brought a lot of excitement and laughter
to us though as we have started to figure things out by trial and error.

IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE...

It didn't take us long to commit the cardinal sin. As we were changing a particularly disgusting diaper of Anna's, we quickly and absentmindedly moved the mess to the side so we could focus on cleaning her up—WITHOUT putting the new diaper in place immediately after. Inevitably, the second the diaper was removed from under the bum, all &%$# broke loose! When the pee began to trickle all over the blanket, Travis and I both started panicking. As the reality of the situation hit us, the second bomb was dropped (literally). This sent us both over the edge. Travis was holding her legs up, and I was running around trying to find a towel or something...ANYTHING! I have to give kudos to Travis for being able to get the onesie off Anna without getting poo all over in her hair. Need
less to say, we NEVER remove the diaper until the backup replacement is all ready to go!

OR TWICE...

Mere days after incident #1, we thought we were in the clear. We had learned a valuable lesson that day...one that would not soon be forgotten. And I guess the lesson wasn't really forgotton, another dimension was just added. Travis was changing her (with the replacement diaper ready and waiting). What we didn't anticipate was, as Travis was getting ready to wipe, she shot it across the room...right over the still stationary messy diaper...right at poor Travis. We started the washing machine AGAIN right after.

6 comments:

Mandi said...

Yay, she initiated you! Good girl Anna!

Paula said...

I can see why Anna's feet and head and face are a few of your favorite things! I find them quite beautiful, too!

bob said...

I once saw a little baby explode it all over WHILE wearing a diaper. It shot out the sides, up his back, all over the blanket, and all over his dad!

Don't worry, it wasn't my kid. He was potty trained before we left the hospital, but it's true. I saw it.

Brianna said...

She is a doll! By the way this is Nate's wife Brianna if you were wondering...I'm so glad you started a blog!

April and Jared Fenn said...

Hey Jen! Welcome to the Blogging world. You little Anna is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her someday soon. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. We love ya!

travdean said...

I have to admit that I had never changed a single diaper before Anna was born. I am very glad I waited and did not change any diapers that I did not have to.